Stefan Bär is a lecturer and researcher at the Max-Weber-Institute of Sociology since 2007. He holds university-degrees (Dipl.-Soz. & Dr. rer. pol.) and the Venia Legendi (Habilitation) in sociology. 2013-2017 he was an associated member to the Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context" (project A26 The Transculture of Capitalism). In the summer terms 2016 & 2021, he served as an interim professor for sociology with a focus on organizational sociology. His research is on change of the health care system and hospitals as well as issues related to the sociology of medicine. He is member of the Heidelberg Research Center for Law, Society and Institutions (HCLSI) and the Heidelberg Research Group for Organization Studies heiGOS.
KOVACEVIC ALEXANDER; ANETTE WACKER-GUSSMANN; STEFAN BÄR; MICHAEL ELSÄSSER; AIDA MOHAMMADI MOTLAGH; RENATE OBERHOFFER-FRITZ; PETER EWERT; MATTHIAS GORENFLO & SEBASTIAN STRAYSTACH (2022): Parents’ Perspectives on Counseling for Fetal Heart Disease: What Matters Most? In: Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Childhood and Adolescence, Special Issue of Journal of Clinical Medicine, 11(1), 278. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm1101027
KOVACEVIC, ALEXANDER, BÄR, STEFAN, SEBASTIAN STARYSTACH, MICHAEL ELSÄSSER, THOMAS VAN DER LOCHT, AIDA MOHAMMADI MOTLAGH, EVA OSTERMAYER, RENATE OBERHOFFER_FRITZ, PETER EWERT, MATTHIAS GORENFLO & ANNETTE WACKER-GUSSMANN (2021): Fetal Cardiac Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic: How Does It Affect Parental Counseling? In: Journal of Clinical Medicine, 10, 3423. https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10153423
BÄR, STEFAN & SEBASTIAN STARYSTACH (2021): Legitimationsprobleme der Medizin 2.0. In: Bachmann, Ulrich und Thomas Schwinn (Hrsg.): Theorie als Beruf. Festschrift für Wolfgang Schluchter. Springer VS. S. 107-122. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-32000-3_6
- Recent courses (Database LSF)
- In 2013-15, Stefan Bär developed a seminar for first-year students, which was funded by the 'Welcome to Research' Programme.
Overview of courses taught at MWI until now
- Fundamental concepts of Sociology: including Socialization as well as Social Structure and Social Change
- Sociology of medicine: including Introduction to Sociology of Medicine, Research Seminars at BA- & MA-Level as well as courses on the subjects Burnout Syndrome and Depression
- Sociology of organization: including several Research Seminars at MA-Level
- Social research & methods: including Statistics (SPSS) as well as Qualitative Research Methods
- General competencies: including Writing Workshops and the Welcome to Research Programme
Teaching in detail (in German language)