Gorgi Krlev, DPhil (Oxon)
Centre for Social Investment (CSI)
Max-Weber-Institute of Sociology
University of Heidelberg
Bergheimer Str. 58
Tel.: 06221 - 54 119-82
Consultation hours: by appointment
07/2018 Social Impact: A new conceptual approach, EGOS Colloquium Tallinn
08/2018 Living with best friends: A study of social capital, AOM Conference Chicago
Gorgi Krlev's research focus is on organisation theory, institutional theory, entrepreneurship and innovation among others. At the Centre for Social Investment (CSI) he has worked on a number of projects on social enterprise and social innovation. He holds a DPhil from the University of Oxford (Kellogg College) in which he has theoretically and empirically advanced the measurement of social impact. His research focussed on the impact of a school-based intervention on pro-social behaviour, a political web platform (results) and community oriented living models (results). Gorgi's work is mostly interdisciplinary and he uses both, quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Orgnisation theory
- Institutional theory
- Management and Governance
- (Social) Innovation
- (Social) Entrepreneurship
- Social investment/Impact investing
- Social impact measurement
Current and completed projects
- IndiSI (BMBF, German Federal Ministry of Education and Research)
- ITSSOIN (EU FP-7)
- TEPSIE (EU FP-7)
- INNOSERV (EU FP-7)
- Social Innovation in the Free Welfare Associations
- Social Return on Investment (SROI) Analysis
- International research symposium on hybrid organisations (Volkswagen Foundation)
- Anheier, H. K., Krlev, G., & Mildenberger, G. (Eds.). (2019, planned). Social Innovation: Comparative European Perspectives. New York: Routledge.
- Kehl, K., Krlev, G., Then, V., & Mildenberger, G. (2018, forthcoming). Adapting the measuring rod for social returns in advanced welfare states: A critique of SROI. In A. Lindgreen, B. Hirsch, C. Vallaster, & S. Yousafzai (Eds.), Measuring and controlling sustainability: Spanning theory and practice. London: Routledge.
- Anheier, H. K., & Krlev, G. (2015) Governance and management of hybrid organizations: Introduction to the Special Issue. International Studies of Management and Organization, 45(3), 193–206.
- Anheier, H. K., & Krlev, G. (2014) Welfare regimes, policy reforms, and hybridity: Introduction to the Special Issue. American Behavioral Scientist, 58(11), 1395–1411.
- Krlev, G., Bund, E., & Mildenberger, G. (2014). Measuring what matters—Indicators of social innovativeness on the national level. Information Systems Management, 31(3), 200–224.
- Krlev, G. (2013). Framework conditions for Social Entrepreneurship—a spotlight on legal and financial issues. Trusts & Trustees, 19(6), 526–534.
- Seit 2018: Post-Doc CSI
- Seit 2017: Board Member Euclid Network
- 2013 - 2017: DPhil in Business and Management University of Oxford (Kellogg College)
(supervised by Alex Nicholls and Jonathan Michie)
- 2011 - 2017: Research Associate CSI
- 2010: Project Associate BASF SE (BoP Business and Social Business)
- 2005 - 2010: M.Sc. in Business Administration/Dipl.-Kfm. University of Mannheim
- Winter 2018 (planned): Social systems
- Summer 2017: Social innovation as a source of social change
- Winter 2017: Measuring social impact