The CSI's main research topics are:
- Social investment and measuring the social impact of investments on welfare
- Foundation system, foundation strategies, strategies with a great leverage effect
- Civil society and social economy
- Nonprofit leadership and social entrepreneurship
- Governance in the Third Sector.
We undertake national, international and comparative research projects with special emphasis on the European level.
With its research program the CSI contributes to:
- the basic theoretical understanding,
- practice-oriented knowledge in the welfare-oriented sector,
- political and strategic debates.
In this way, we seek to bring the issue of social investments into scientific debates and disciplines from an interdisciplinary perspective. The main disciplines - we focus on - are social and educational science, economy, law as well as ethics and theology.
In order to support the academic teaching on nonprofit management, we are working to generate a collection of case studies on the above-mentioned topics.
Dr. Gudrun-Christine Schimpf, ISIRC
Verena Schmid, M.A., Reallabor Asyl
Carsten Eggersglüß, Büroleitung, EfYE
Martin Hölz, M.A., Learning from Partners
Dr. Gorgi Krlev, Projekt IndiSi